Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Removing Rotation Lock on iOS 4.2 on iPad

The long anticipated update of the iPad OS came with almost universal appluase. The multiplicity of new features makes for faster transitions and allows the long awaited multi-tasking and folders.

The update also included additional wallpapers and the gamecenter app...not too exciting there.

What has to be the most hated change is eliminating the switch to lock the iPad in either portrait or landscape mode. The way I hold my iPad, locking is essential. Without the rotation locked my games and websites are constantly flipping making it impossible. Apple, in their infinite genius now uses the iPad switch to insta-mute. Ugh!

It took me forever but I finally discovered that you can still lock rotation. it just involves opening up the multi-touch screen with the double button hit and scrolling all the way to the left.

It looks like this:





















And I'm not the only one who doesn't like the change.

Slash Gear
iPhoneindia
Cyber iPhone
The iPad Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment